Monday, March 16, 2009

One of those times....

....There are times in your life when you meet people who, the first instant you meet them, 'get it'. I had one of those experiences this past September. I was fortunate enough to meet Staci Strauss and Craig McCord. They are the folks behind the awesome website www.thepeoplewhofeedus.com. I had long been an admirer of their work featuring farmers, producers and chefs, so one day I decided to drop them a line and see if they might be interested in telling my story. Thankfully for me, they thought my story was worthy of featuring on their site. From the minute we met, I knew they were both very interested in food's story from the ground to the plate. Not only were they interested in food's story, they were really interested in the folks who were producing the food. There were many times during their visit that I felt more like a proud sixteen year old showing off his new car than a chef!(Hey, look at how perfect this produce is and how flavorful it is. Check out Beau's hogs. Aren't they they most content animals you've ever seen?) The food community we are building in south central PA is so inspiring to me and I think was also very inspiring to Craig and Staci.

Last week, Craig e-mailed me and let me know that he had posted the film on their site. I couldn't have asked for two better people to tell our story. Please check it out and don't stop at my story. There are so many other inspiring stories on their site. Watch them all!!!


www.thepeoplewhofeedus.com

1 comment:

ostman said...

Well spoken throughout, Andy. The production of the video is also quite nice. Your philosophy really shines through.